5 top tips to improve your eCommerce store
Data from Openreach has revealed that daytime data consumption has almost doubled in recent weeks due to the new social distancing measures, as more people are working from home and turning to eCommerce sites to buy goods.
To help you make the most of your eCommerce store and engage customers during this difficult time, we’ve put together some top tips:
- Place short-term focus on usability over design. COVID-19 has put an unprecedented strain on the internet and mobile networks, which is slowing down online experiences, so make it easy for your customers to get what they want!
- Reward your customers for staying engaged by offering free home delivery through your loyalty program.
- Update your website with content and blogs that resonate with your target audience. Entertain them, educate them, share news, or do a little of all three!
- It is important to communicate honestly in these difficult times. If it is foreseeable that delivery problems may arise in the future, inform your customers in good time. Be sure to provide details to your customers on what you are doing to minimise contamination in the shipping process.
- Keep tight control of your stock. Knowing what products to have in stock, and when, is one of the most vital aspects of a successful eCommerce store. If you’re struggling, Fashion Master can set up a website using our dynamic templates that integrates with our FM Retail system, helping you manage demand effectively during this difficult time.
To find out how FM Retail can help improve your eCommerce solution and engage with customers during this challenging time, contact our team of experts today on 0330 024 5014. We’d be happy to help.